Here are four basic bicycling tips
The following are things you can do to maintain control of your bicycle, even in an emergency:
- Ensure your bicycle is the right size and properly adjusted to fit you.
- A properly-fitted bicycle is more comfortable and easier to control.
- A bicycle shop can help you choose the correct size bicycle.
- Ensure your bicycle is in good working order by inspecting it regularly.
Properly-fitted helmets provide protection from a potentially life-threatening head injury. By law, bicycle riders under 18 years old must wear a bicycle helmet while riding on a public road.
Wear your helmet per manufacturer directions.
Be Visible and Alert
Even if you obey all traffic laws, there is always a risk of a collision.
- Be prepared to stop for vehicles waiting at stop signs, in driveways, or parking spaces.
- Be prepared to take evasive action relating to vehicles that have just passed you and may turn right.
- Use hand signals before making turns or changing lanes to warn traffic around you.
Ride in a Safe Lane Position
Ride in the same direction as traffic so you are more visible to drivers entering roads or changing lanes in the following scenarios:
- Passing a vehicle or another bicycle.
- Preparing to make a left turn at an intersection.
- When a lane is too narrow for a bicycle
- When approaching a right turn.
- If the road is one-way with two or more lanes.
Included with every bike rental:
Our Terms and Conditions
The Client acknowledges and agrees that they have inspected the Equipment, and that the Equipment is in good condition and suitable for the intended use.
Cycling involves Risks. The Client agrees that despite such Risks the Client wants to
participate in the activity and/or hire and use the Equipment, and accepts sole responsibility for: (a) the Equipment; and (b) the safety of the Client and others.
The Client will take proper and reasonable care of the Equipment during the Hire Period, and will return it in good order and condition to Jhonny Bikes by the return time and date specified in the Contract, unless otherwise agreed by Jhonny Bikes. Late returns will be charged a late return fee, unless prior arrangements have been made.
The Client warrants that all persons who will use the Equipment are competent to use the Equipment, will use the Equipment in the manner it was designed to be used, will follow any directions from Jhonny Bikes relating to the use and safety of the Equipment, and will comply with all laws and obligations in relation to the use and control of the Equipment.
The Client will not change or modify the Equipment without Jhonny Bikes' agreement. If the Client changes or modifies the Equipment without Jhonny Bikes' agreement, such changes or modifications will be considered damage, and clause 7) will apply.
The Client is solely responsible for any damage to, or loss of, the Equipment during the Hire Period. The Client will notify Jhonny Bikes immediately if the Equipment is damaged or lost, and will follow all reasonable instructions of Jhonny Bikes in relation to such damaged or lost Equipment.
In the case of damage to the Equipment (excluding reasonable wear and tear, and any damage to inner tubes), however caused, the Client will be responsible for and will pay Jhonny Bikes for the full cost of all repairs, including the cost of replacing any damaged parts and any labour to restore the Equipment to the condition it was in at the commencement of the Hire Period. For the avoidance of doubt, Jhonny Bikes has the sole right to reasonably determine: (a) whether the Equipment has been damaged during the Hire Period; (b) whether such damage is beyond reasonable wear and tear; (c) the extent of such damage; and (d) the full cost of the repairs required.
In the case of loss of the Equipment, however caused, the Client will be responsible for and will pay Jhonny Bikes for the full cost to Jhonny Bikes of replacing such Equipment.
In addition to the costs set out in clauses 7) and 8), the Client will be responsible for and will indemnify Jhonny Bikes for any loss of revenue suffered by Jhonny Bikes due to the unavailability of the Equipment for hire due to damage or loss. The costs for lost revenue will not exceed the equivalent of 7 days hire of the Equipment at the prevailing hire rates.
Changes to Bookings /Cancellation:
- If the service becomes unavailable for the Hire Period due to circumstances beyond Jhonny Bikes’ control (such as theft, fire, earthquake, or damage from an earlier hire contract), Jhonny Bikes will use its best efforts to offer the Client a suitable alternative. If Jhonny Bikes is unable to offer a suitable alternative, the Client will be entitled to a full refund of any monies paid to Jhonny Bikes, minus any costs Jhonny Bikes has incurred related to this booking.
- No refunds will be made for early returns, late pickups, no-shows or change of mind.
- Payment of all or part of the total price (including payment by credit card) is acceptance of these T&Cs.